District Heating Scheme
CSWDC provides heat to the Coventry District Energy Company (CDEC) which provides heat via a 6.6km network of buried pipes to consumers in the city centre, delivering significant carbon savings.
- More than 44MW of energy-from-waste capacity
- 77MW of total plant thermal capacity
- Incorporates a 600,000-litre thermal storage vessel for additional resilience
- Gives customers a carbon saving of approximately 89% compared with a conventional stand-alone gas-fired system
- Could save up to 25,000 tonnes of carbon if the system’s full capacity is utilised